Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

a few new things!!

Well, I know I haven't really blogged in a long time, but things have calmed down a lot here. Since moving in in November, we have not been working on the house as much as we should be! We have been really busy!!! We have done a few little things around here, so I thought I'd share! Here you have 'em . . .

A loveseat (that has a matching chair & ottoman) given to us by my friend Katie!! They are really nice, though I haven't convinced myself that they match the orange in the living room!

A new furnace & thermostat. Maybe not so exciting for all of you, but very exciting for us since our furnace was from the 60's and incredibly inefficient!! (Traded to us by a friend of my brother-in-law's for a freezer! Good trade!!)



Our new family room fan/light! This took FOREVER to pick out because I am very picky about the wood colors, metals, and glass matching what we already have in the house. (Made possible by Ann, my dad's wife. Thanks!!)


When Bryan was off the week before New Years, he worked on painting the kitchen cabinet doors. They look pretty good, though they still need a little touch up. We also bought some inexpensive hardware to spice 'em up a little bit!


We finally got light bulbs to put in our spotlights above our fireplace - they are really cool. Again, thanks Dad & Ann!!


And last, but certainly not least, here is our new little guy - Rusty!! He was a surprise gift to me on Christmas Day & has certainly kept us on our toes. We love him!! Here's a pic of him when he was little and now . . . he is growing like crazy and is certainly not done!!



As I explain all these pictures, I can't help but realize how blessed we are to have people that care about us and are doing all they can to help us make our house a home!! It's certainly on it's way . . . we have a list of things that need to get done before spring, so that we can then spend our time working on the outside!! We'll also be getting a special tax refund loan that will enable us to do more projects here, like new carpeting for the steps, fixing up the bathrooms, curtains, maybe a couch or two, etc. I know everyone says "You'll never be done with house projects!", we certainly look forward to the day where we can sit back and admire it all!!
Hope you are all well - have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

H. said...

very nice! Rusty sure has some big paws....he's so cute!!

Shirley said...

You are alive!
It all looks wonderful. Very homey!