Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

if only we were ready for them . . .

Last Thursday . . . the results of our carpet tile shopping adventure!! We got carpet tiles for the 3 bedrooms (tan, dark tan, and sagey green). They are really nice & cheap in comparison to all of our other carpet options! Krystal and I felt kind of funny flying down Rt30 in a Dodge full of carpet tiles, especially when one of the box lids flew off and hit a van!!! haha . . . but we were glad we didn't take the van like we thought we could . . . I guess we needed a whole lot more than we thought!

Thursday (carpet tiles) + Friday . . . Carl (my father-in-law) & I went to pick up the laminate floors I had ordered online. I saved like $125 by doing this instead of having them delivered directly to the house! It was a lot of hauling, but they are safely sitting in the living room (which if you didn't notice, has the lime green carpet removed & rolled up! We will be leaving it on the stairs and using it in the upstairs hallway until we can afford new!)

Lots of prep work still to do before we can install these floors (cleaning, sanding, painting, etc), but things are getting exciting around here :)

Saturday my dad and Ann came down to see the house & help out. It was really nice to see them! Together, we were able to clean up the rest of the old shingles and mess that came down. I even mowed the front yard for the first time - it looks awesome!! That will probably be the one and only time I am excited about mowing! Carl, Brad, and Krystal also finished the roof!! Anyways, I have to get a picture of all that, but I'll post it when I do!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the house looks great!! and by the way i miss you bud :) kris
ps happy anniversary