Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

shopping . . .

for insurance policies! Yea, it's about as fun as it sounds!! We got word yesterday that our home had been appraised, that we just have to get estimates for fixing the roof and floorings, and that we will probably close on it next friday!! We are SO excited & more than ready to get in and start working. Knowing that closing is quickly approaching lit a fire under me to get our insurance figured out (must have it by closing). We were with State Farm (for auto), but due to prices, are shopping around a little bit with Allstate, Nationwide, and Erie Insurance. So far Erie is looking to be the winner. If anyone has any suggestions on other companies they've had good experience with, we are open to them!

What else?? Brad, Krystal, Jeremiah, Isaac, & Bryan's parents are all down in Myrtle Beach right now (yes, the same spot that Tropical Storm Hanna is headed towards!!), so we are all alone in the house. Dodger really misses them, so we've been trying to play some ball with him, give him the occasional treat, and even let him sleep with us a couple nights!! I haven't figured out if he understands when I tell him "They'll be back in a couple of days." Oh well, we are looking forward to having them back as well!

We've been super busy this week. Bryan started classes on Tuesday, so between that and football, he's always at the school. What a difference from working together every day!! Speaking of work, I'm still looking for a job. I'm hoping that next week will be the week I get some calls for interviews. For now, I've been taking advantage of my free time by getting things taken care of for the house, making important phone calls and running errands, and starting to work out again. I've started running and lifting (yay!) with an old track friend from Malone. The cool thing is that alumni can use the new Wellness Center at Malone for free. We've been in there quite a bit lately, and I'm proud of what we've done so far! We are both crazy sore, but I know that if we keep at it, it will go away! I just love having someone to be accountable to :)

Wellll, I guess that's about all for now! We will keep you posted on the status of the house! Maybe I'll even have some pictures to share next time :)

PS - Wish Bryan a happy birthday this Saturday!!! He's such an old man!

0 comments: