Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

progress!

Well, as many of you know, we were able to close on our house last Wednesday! We are so glad that part of the process is over with!! Now it's on with the work!! No really, we have been at the house every free moment we've had since Wednesday night! There is A LOT to be done, but we're excited to think about what it will look like when we're done. We are so thankful to have family members who are so knowledgeable and helpful!! I don't know what we'd do without them!! We started roofing this weekend, and it is starting to look really good! It needed a lot of repairs, but we were expecting them, so it's not a huge deal. Krystal and I also attacked the inside of the house by taking down all of the blinds, curtains, mirrors, etc. We now have running water too, so that has helped to get a few things cleaned up. My next giant task is cleaning and sanding and prepping everything to be painted. We need to get things painted soon so that we can put down the floors that we just ordered last night. It's a lot of work, but it's so exciting to watch things change!!

Here are a few pictures of the beginning roofing on Saturday morning.





Here are a few more "before" pictures I took of the house that you haven't seen yet.
Other Upstairs Bedroom:
Covered Porch:
Say Goodbye to the SkyLights!!
Back Yard (once we get the giant circle filled in and the deck torn down, it will be great!):
We call this the wood room, but it is going to be drywalled:
Random Toilet (this will be laundry/half bathroom):
Surprise!! :(
The sweet paneling in the basement:
The Living Room with lime green carpet & GIANT window!

More to come as updates happen!!!

Oh, and I just found out today that I got the position I was hoping for at Nationwide - I start in a couple weeks! I also may do some medical Spanish interpreting on the side, depending on how things work out. I am excited to start working again, though I'm sure I'll miss these days when I am back to the grind!!
Hope you are all well!

4 comments:

LLBean said...

AWESOME!! I am so glad... Was is screening? Call me!

Shirley said...

That house has so much potential.
I love the layout. I am so very excited for you and Bryan!
And congratulations on coming back to us at Nationwide.

Lynne said...

Congrats on the closing of the house and on you job. How excited you must be. I am sure everyone there is excited to you back at Nationwide!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new house, the progress you have made is really great. Congratulations also on your job. Best of luck in both of these.

Jeanette